Any time of life can be a challenge and we all need a helping hand from time to time, never more so than in the midst of a global pandemic. Here at Penrith Building Society, we are passionate about supporting not only our members but also the wider community and we have put together some useful information to help and support.
There are many wonderful organisations out there who offer outstanding help to the public during times of need and the below list is not exhaustive.
Inclusion or exclusion does not signify that Penrith Building Society endorses or does not endorse the activities of a particular organisation.
Crisis support & Helplines
- Ring 999 to contact emergency service.
- Go to your nearest Accident and Emergency (A&E) department.
- Ring 111 for professional health advice 24/7 and 365 days a year and guidance on where to access appropriate health services.
- Make an appointment with your GP.
- Phone – text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258(free to send, supports 24/7)
- Website – giveusashout.org
Abuse (Domestic violence, child, sexual abuse)
- National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0800 999 5428(Monday-Friday 10am-5pm & Wednesday-Thursday 10am-8pm)
- Email – email@example.com
- LGBT+ Hate Crime Helpline – 0207 704 2040(Monday-Friday 10am-4pm\)
- Email – HateCrime@galop.org.uk
- National Conversion Therapy Helpline – 0800 1303335 (Monday-Friday 10am-4pm\)<
- Email – CThelp@galop.org.uk
- Website – galop.org.uk
Addiction and Substance Misuse
- Phone – 0800 634 9494 (freephone helpline, 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
- Website – bereavementadvice.org
- Phone – 0800 138 7777 (freephone, 9am-8pm Mon – Fri, 9.30am – 1pm Sat)
- Website – moneyadviceservice.org.uk
- Phone – 0808 808 4000 (freephone, 9am-8pm Mon – Fri, 9.30am – 1pm Sat)
- Website – nationaldebtline.org
General advice, information, and support
- Phone – 03444 111 444
- Website – citizensadvice.org.uk
- Website – gov.uk
- Phone – 0800 169 2081 (freephone adviceline)
- Website – ageuk.org.uk